WeThe15 - what’s the story?
In August 2021 the biggest ever human rights movement to represent the world’s 1.2 billion persons with disabilities was launched by a coalition of international organisations from the worlds of sport, human rights, policy, business, arts, and entertainment.
WeThe15 wants to put disability right at the heart of the inclusion agenda, alongside ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation. To do that we need to have conversations with many people, which is why we welcome media engagement in the WeThe15 movement.
Our message is clear: disability is humanity, not an abnormality. Everyone gains when everyone is equal: your family, your friends, your neighbours, your communities, your colleagues, your readers, listeners and viewers. By telling their stories, together we can make a tangible and well overdue difference for the planet’s largest marginalised group.
Over the next decade the WeThe15 movements aims to provide and engage media around disability and human rights: some of the stories will be about hope and unity, but we’ll also not shy away from tackling themes of health, education, poverty, legal representation, employment and social justice. We’ll be speaking about stories of:
- Human potential, as we put persons with disabilities at the heart of the diversity and inclusion agenda.
- Accountability in action, as we implement a range of activities targeting governments, businesses, and the public to drive social inclusion for persons with disabilities.
- High-profile campaigns, as we break down societal and systemic barriers that are preventing persons with disabilities from fulfilling their potential and being active members of society.
- Solidarity, as we ensure greater awareness, visibility, and representation of persons with disabilities.
- Radical change, as we promote the role of assistive technology as a vehicle to driving social inclusion.
Change can start with every media organisation. Change can start with one journalist. Together, we can transform the lives of 15% of the world. Together, we can drive a cultural shift. If you’d like to help us write the future we would love to hear from you at email@example.com
Is it possible to use the WeThe15 movement symbol?
Yes it is and we encourage wide use of the WeThe15 logo. However, please note it cannot be used for commercial or fundraising organisations without the approval of WeThe15.
Is it possible to use your content?
Our film is shareable, but if you are a commercial or fundraising organisation, please contact us to use it. Many of the images on this site are owned by the partners, so get in touch if you’d like to use them.